Former Brazil striker Jardel, Europe's top scorer in 1999 and 2002, has admitted he used cocaine.


Former Brazil striker Jardel, Europe's top scorer in 1999 and 2002, has admitted he used cocaine.Jardel, who reached his peak while playing for FC Porto in Portugal, said depression and bad influences led him to the addiction."I started making mistakes when I had bad friendships. Then came a divorce, depression and then the cocaine," he told Globo TV. "I shouldn't be seen as an example to children."
The 34-year-old Jardel said he did not use drugs before or during matches."I only used it in parties, not when I was playing," he said.Jardel said he stopped using cocaine about two months ago and that he wants to restart his career in Brazil.
"I've been practising recently because I believe I still have potential," he said.Jardel scored 168 goals in 161 matches with Porto. The former Brazil international also was at his best when he played for Turkey's Galatasaray and Portugal's Sporting Lisbon. Six times he led the Portuguese league in scoring.He struggled, however, during brief spells with England's Bolton Wanderers, Brazil's Palmeiras and Argentina's Newell's Old Boys.He began his career with Vasco da Gama and then helped Gremio win the 1995 Copa Libertadores under coach Luiz Felipe Scolari.

Unknown

Some say he’s half man half fish, others say he’s more of a seventy/thirty split. Either way he’s a fishy bastard.

0 comments: